Research involving a survey of 2,648 consumers conducted by SEO expert Reboot has revealed that a signature colour can increase brand recognition by 80 per cent.
According to Reboot’s study, when shown a selection of five made-up company logos, 78 per cent of those surveyed could recall the primary colour of the logo.
This is compared to only 43 per cent who were able to remember the company’s name.
So how can you go about choosing the right palette for your business?
Reboot analysed the top 100 global brands to see what the most popular branding colours were:
• 34% used the colour black in their logo
• 30% used the colour blue in their logo
• 30% used the colour red in their logo
• 9% used the colour yellow in their logo
• 7% used the colour green in their logo
• 6% used the colour grey/silver in their logo
• 5% used the colour orange in their logo
• 2% used the colour brown in their logo
The study also revealed that blue is most commonly used within the tech industry, 1 in 3 top global brands use the colour red in their logo, and black is by far the most popular choice for luxury brands.